Tuesday, October 21, 2014

One Plant at a Time

Hello everyone,

It's been a while, again.  I hope you are all well, enjoying the amazing colours of fall leaves we are having this year.  Perhaps noticing late-blooming roses, extra-tall Japanese anemone, Michaelmas daisies, scented alyssum, hardy Asian vegetables in your late vegetable garden (including Daikon radishes that may set records this year), and lots of children 'round about who are trying to catch every bit of after school light they can before the time change happens.

Over the last month I've been working to transform several gardens.  This is a real test of my knowledge, speed, and physical stamina!  I haven't keeled over yet, altho' there've been a few moments! 

The amazement at seeing a yard change its geography, then the plant-life in it, really keeps me going.  Knowing that I'm the one doing the changes amazes me too. 

That the changes are all in my mind's eye is an odd thing to realize.  After all, the new shoots and blooms won't start in either garden until next March!  But I know what's going to happen, what the sequence will be, what colours and textures there will be.

Saving the world, one plant at a time.  That's where I've been.

Very best regards,

Why's Woman

No comments: